FOR BUYER OF HDB FLAT
When you buy a Resale HDB Flat in the open market, you may be required to attend about two (2) appointments IN PERSON at HDB Hub.
When you buy a HDB Flat directly from HDB, you may be required to attend about three (3) appointments IN PERSON at HDB Hub:
- Selection of your HDB flat (if buying HDB flat directly from HDB)
- Signing the Sales Agreement
- Collection of keys to your HDB flat
When you buy a HDB flat, there are legal documents that need to be signed.
Therefore if you cannot attend, you will have to prepare a Power of Attorney.
FOR SELLER OF HDB FLAT
When you are selling a HDB flat, there are legal documents that need to be signed.
Therefore, if you cannot attend to the signing of these legal documents, you will have to prepare a Power of Attorney.
FOR SUBLETTING OF HDB FLATS & LANDLORDS
When you are subletting or renting out a HDB flat and you cannot attend to rental and management issues of your HDB flat, you can prepare a Power of Attorney to entrust someone else to act on your behalf.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We will prepare for you the HDB P.O.A.
There are three (3) types of HDB P.O.A.
- Sale, Subletting & General Management
- Purchase, Subletting & General Management
- Subletting & General Management Only
The P.O.A. has to be signed by you in the presence of our lawyer.
If you are already overseas, you must sign the P.O.A. in the presence of a Notary Public, or Singapore High Commission.
After you have signed the P.O.A., we will register the P.O.A. for you with the Singapore High Court.
Once the P.O.A. has been registered, you or your authorised representative can collect the P.O.A. from us. We will provide to you the necessary documents so that you can submit to HDB for HDB processing.
If you are going overseas, you are advised to sign the P.O.A. well in advance before leaving the country.
Don’t leave this to the last minute!
The Power of Attorney cannot be used for signing of any of the following as they must be signed personally by you:
- HDB Application Form
- Statutory Declarations (By Law you must sign in presence of a Commissioner of Oaths or Notary Public)
- Any undertakings (by Law, you must sign in presence of Commissioner for Oaths or Notary Public)